35 replies
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Hey dudes,

It me! out of the woodwork. I've just recently found some time for games again and After re watching band of brothers I went looking for some WW2 strategy games and got into this game called Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy (there's a whole series).

It's pretty cool, fairly serious realistic ww2 strategy game that can be played in a simultaneous turn based or real time mode. It's pretty unforgiving if you get impatient or careless but so rewarding when you mow down a whole company of troops crossing open ground :d

Has anybody else played this?
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Oct 30, 18 · Last edited Oct 30, 18
Votes:
+82
DSA Member
Just checking in too. I am no longer alive, unfortunately. But I'm keen for a game of somethingorother. When should i present?
Blackteacup+SIGGY_1451790770.jpg
Posted Nov 10, 18
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
R.I.P. Teacup. We will schedule a séance for some mount your friends or something similar. Stand by for extra dimensional communication to schedule an appointment.
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Nov 14, 18
Votes:
+71
DSA Member
Condolences Teacup.

You hold a special place in DSA as it relates to me. Years ago, while cruising TeamSpeak servers, I dropped in on the DSA server. You came up, introduced yourself, told me about DSA, and then took me down to the room with the other members who were online. I had a hell of a good time and continued to stop by. The rest is history (good or bad).

In short, you were my doorway to DSA and I thank you for that.
I've determined that both ELO and PSR are myths, weight class matching a fantasy, hit registration a dream, and unbalanced teams a goal. The Matchmaker algorithm is entirely a function of pure spite and malice. And if something actually works they will fix it until they break it.
Posted Nov 14, 18
List
Undo
MWO Commanding Officer
Votes:
+17
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Ahh, Teacup. The fun we had...

Pataks, I played a lot of standalone Combat Mission, usually as the German player facing off the invading Allies or the Red Hordes. Really great variety of units.

I still play MWO as a default though for the past few weeks I've been re-playing the Prophesy of Pendor mod for Mount & Blade. Really great if you have a hankering for leading a band of warriors to forge a new kingdom for your own.

If you guys have XCOM2 there's a free DLC that's fun to play.

Let me know what you guys are playing now. Maybe we can get together
Posted Nov 15, 18
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+59
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Let me know what you guys are playing now. Maybe we can get together

I am big into this (planetside II)!!! I even have a membership that I'm going to extend.
32604626440_2abd099b73_z.jpg
Posted Nov 15, 18 · Last edited Nov 15, 18
DSA Council
Votes:
+12
MMORPG Guild Master
DSA Member
I talked to Teacup the other night, He's in decent shape for a deceased person( is that the politically correct way to say rotting zombie) :)
DSA+SIG+MADDOG_1442992864.jpg
Posted Nov 15, 18
DSA Council
Votes:
+40
Admins
DSA Member
I miss you lot, I'm on TS and discord most nights 1800-2300 NZT.
Posted Nov 21, 18
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
SC Chief Executive Officer
DSA Member
Good video Redoubt.

I switched over to playing Dont Starve, it was on special and is a pretty decent game if you like survival type of games.
Jimbo and I have also been playing some Star Citizen. And its getting half decent, a lot less crashing, some more game play options.
We have either been going out in Jimbos Cutlass or my Constellation and getting up to mischief. Have been trying out mining which is pretty good actually.
New landing zone is coming maybe this week/next week, so its worth a look in when that drops.
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted Nov 21, 18
DSA Council
Votes:
+12
MMORPG Guild Master
DSA Member
Isn't Star Citizen still kinda unfinished, I mean sure you can play it, but it seems as if they are taking a absurdly long time to get it all done.
DSA+SIG+MADDOG_1442992864.jpg
Posted Nov 21, 18
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices