MWO Matchmaker Chaanges

1 reply
Votes:
+71
DSA Member
If you are still playing MWO on occasion this deserves a read. Paul Inouye explains how the matchmaker is setup, what changes he has made, why he made them, what he expects from the changes, and possible future changes. The feedback from users is also interesting.

Solo Queue - MM Update (30/05/2018)
I've determined that both ELO and PSR are myths, weight class matching a fantasy, hit registration a dream, and unbalanced teams a goal. The Matchmaker algorithm is entirely a function of pure spite and malice. And if something actually works they will fix it until they break it.
Posted May 31, 18 · OP
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+58
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Interesting. We've needed something like this for a long time. I only read a couple of comments, but the second one I read was "so common sense". It queried weather it was possible to swap players between teams. Paul Inouye even addressed the comment, and said it was something that he looked into.

I only play occasionally now too. Its still a good game, and getting better by the look, but its still a game behind its time. Changes that should've been made long ago. I think that if Mechwarrior 5 has a multiplayer aspect, that'll get the franchise going again for a lot of us.
32604626440_2abd099b73_z.jpg
Posted Jun 1, 18
NoticeNotices