Oceanic server moved to Perth!

4 replies
DSA Council
Votes:
+54
TW:A Legionary
DSA Member
Contractor
And after much grumbling from the players in SEA... Something to do with the network routing them through USA to get to Sydney and collosal pings as a result. The Server has been moved to Perth!

My ping was 30, now 70... Meh.. .better than 200! :lol:
9nc3Laz.jpg
The $#!+ you own, ends up owning you
- Tyler Durden

www.darkstar-alliance.com
Posted Apr 5, 18 · OP
Chairman General
Votes:
+270
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
It seems to be a decent compromise that should benefit every one
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Apr 5, 18
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+58
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
I don't know what my ping will be, since I haven't played in a while. Can someone just tell me? save me having to log on and find out.

Weird how it was in Sydney and now it isn't. Its like, it was there; then it left. Freaky.
32604626440_2abd099b73_z.jpg
Posted Apr 5, 18
Chairman General
Votes:
+270
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
should be between 60-100 for kiwis
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Apr 5, 18
List
Undo
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+58
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
I get a lot of damage every game. Its above normal. The decreased latency is pretty handy. Its like a whole new game.
32604626440_2abd099b73_z.jpg
Posted May 5, 18
NoticeNotices