Ever Wonder if MWO User Count is High or Low?

4 replies
Votes:
+71
DSA Member
While this link will only show the user count history of Steam users on MWO I think it is close enough to the rule of large numbers to assume that if the Steam user count is high the general user count is high and vise versa. This can be useful in determining possible wait times for drops. Also the graph in this link shows the user count history for the last week. Other time frames are available ranging from 48 hours to one year.

MWO Users on Steam
I've determined that both ELO and PSR are myths, weight class matching a fantasy, hit registration a dream, and unbalanced teams a goal. The Matchmaker algorithm is entirely a function of pure spite and malice. And if something actually works they will fix it until they break it.
Posted Nov 30, 17 · OP
Chairman General
Votes:
+270
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Cool.

Interesting that the stats show more than 500 people are on at a minimum. If you asked me how many people play during the oceanic evening I'd say a lot less than 500 (or maybe I need to expand my friends list). It makes sense though these people are split into 5 Tiers - there's 4 game mode queues - 3 servers plus the mechlab and skill tree. No wonder it take so long to find a game!!!
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Nov 30, 17 · Last edited Nov 30, 17
DSA Council
Votes:
+12
MMORPG Guild Master
DSA Member
You should find the statistics for those that don't log in thru steam, to get a better picture of the numbers.
DSA+SIG+MADDOG_1442992864.jpg
Posted Dec 1, 17
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+59
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
I is hoped tat mekworrier r kom bak to good. Nevers gives up and teems am fixed them we kan played.
32604626440_2abd099b73_z.jpg
Posted Dec 4, 17
NoticeNotices