[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
SC Chief Executive Officer
DSA Member
I clicked it and the mech disappeared, then a picture of Russ Bullock appeared laughing with money raining down from the screen.
I guess this is my life now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted May 25, 17
Votes:
+71
DSA Member
Hi all

A thread to discuss all and everything skill tree and to post useful resources:

http://metamechs.com/mwo-guides/skill-trees/jump-jets-tree/

https://tarogato-mwo.github.io/mwo_skill_planner/

I think https://kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill/ has a better UI than https://tarogato-mwo.github.io/mwo_skill_planner/. The selections are color coded. For example on the WEAPONS page the RANGE hex is green. If you hover your mouse over one of them all the RANGE hexes will highlight making the locations of paths to them easier to find.
I've determined that both ELO and PSR are myths, weight class matching a fantasy, hit registration a dream, and unbalanced teams a goal. The Matchmaker algorithm is entirely a function of pure spite and malice. And if something actually works they will fix it until they break it.
Posted May 26, 17
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+15
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
I agree with the comment about UI - I find the kitlaan.gitlab.io/mwoskill page far easier to plan on.

Tarogato is fine for transferring to the in-game skill tree, but as far as ease of understanding goes, the kitlaan page is superior.
Heavy Hitters Millenium Club VIP
501st Devastators Division
3rd Swift Eagles Rapid Response Division, 7th Black Paws Heavy Division
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders Master Class, DSA Workhorse Master Class, DSA Heavy Master Class, DSA Assault Master Class
DSA Match Hog (Gold), DSA A Cut Above (Gold), DSA Enforcers Club (Gold), DSA Regulators (Bronze)
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Platinum), DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 26, 17
MWO Commanding Officer
Votes:
+17
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Actually, the interface on unlocking the SPs are MUCH more confusing than the actual skill tree itself.

I STILL DO NOT KNOW IT FULLY WORKS.

But aside from that, my initial focus was on replicating the performance of my mechs, which meant full speed tweak and full radar dep plus the extra coolshot.

I hate to say it but with a lot of mechs I found myself spending more than 100 SPs to get the right mix.

My default now is to get up to spead tweak 3 and sometimes not the full radar dep for faster mechs.

For gauss mechs and cooler AC builds I only get the second consumable slot and that's it.

People have contended going for full armor buffs is more important than structure.

I am considering building a "VIP mech" for MRBC to tank and take the hit for the team. A Direwolf similarly specced could work well, depends whether you would focus on a DDC or DWOLF first
Posted Jun 7, 17
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
like this?
TSwF8wm.jpg

just for reference the base values are max of:
CT - 124
LT/RT - 84
Arms - 68
Legs - 84
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Jun 7, 17 · Last edited Jun 7, 17
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Actually Pataks, I think the additional armor is already calculated into how much armor is shown on your mech. Still, the additional amounts of armor is insane!
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
Heavy Hitters Millennium Club
DSA Workhorse Master Class
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted Jun 7, 17
MWO Commanding Officer
Votes:
+17
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Hmm, exactly like that except maybe on a DDC since its the most logical choice for a comp match
Posted Jun 7, 17
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
I picked the D variant only because it has a double bonus on armour.
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Jun 7, 17
MWO Executive Command
Votes:
+170
MWO Executive Command
DSA Member
Council Adviser
That's a real tank!
501st Devastators Legion

DSA Heavy Hitters Millennium Club

DSA Savage Slayer (Killer Instinct Winner)

DSA MVP, DSA Regulator, DSA Gold Enforcer, DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders Master Class, DSA Medium Workhorse Master Class, DSA Mechanized Regular, DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous, DSA Elite Eagles, DSA Diabolical Mechanic [Gold], DSA Slayers [II], DSA Black Hole Ghost Squad Apprentice
DSA A Cut Above [Gold], DSA Match Hog [Gold]

DSA Errant Star Lemming, DSA Dark Matters (Special Honours)
Red Dwarf Medal - [Gold], DSA Supernova Medal, The Iron Star Medal

fWdh9SW.jpg

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing right... and if you want it done right do it yourself!
Posted Jun 7, 17 · OP
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
SC Chief Executive Officer
DSA Member
Anyone got any suggestions on missile boat builds in terms of skills. Just doing up my Stalker 5M.
Gone all out in firepower. Light to none in other areas other than sensors which is medium'ish.
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted Jun 8, 17
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices