Skill Tree

34 replies
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Assaults - firepower, armor, structure, heat management.
Heavies - firepower, weapon cooldown, heat management, maneuverability
Mediums - speed, maneuverability, structure
Lights - mobility, consumables, heat management
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted May 23, 17
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
SC Chief Executive Officer
DSA Member
It's really less complicated than it seems. Everybody is being do dramatic about it.. bottom line you can buff everything so think what will really make you're meh pop!

I dont think so, if people are getting frustrated with the UI then someone has failed along the way.
I understand that some of the stuff with historical whatevers is a bridge to this new system, but some kind of in game tool tips would be awesome.
In any case, is there a summary guide or has anyone got some pointers to I can get back into shooting people in the face.

It feels like someone explained the Eve skill tree to a programmer and let them loose without any UI/UX thought :)
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted May 24, 17
MWO Executive Command
Votes:
+170
MWO Executive Command
DSA Member
Council Adviser
Metamechs is about the best summary guide at the moment.

I am looking at putting together some simplified 'just follow this tree' for various classes/builds.

Comp builds will be more individual as each player will tweak their mech to get the most out of it in a competitive environment. We also assume those players know what they need so probably won't be posting specific trees.

Basically think: Is your mech hot? Yes, get lost of heat reduction nodes. Does it rely on manerverability to survive? Get lots of mobility nodes. Is the mech prone to shutting down? Get the quick ignition nodes.

So on and so forth. At some point you have to sacrifice something because you can only have 91 nodes active at once.
501st Devastators Legion

DSA Heavy Hitters Millennium Club

DSA Savage Slayer (Killer Instinct Winner)

DSA MVP, DSA Regulator, DSA Gold Enforcer, DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders Master Class, DSA Medium Workhorse Master Class, DSA Mechanized Regular, DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous, DSA Elite Eagles, DSA Diabolical Mechanic [Gold], DSA Slayers [II], DSA Black Hole Ghost Squad Apprentice
DSA A Cut Above [Gold], DSA Match Hog [Gold]

DSA Errant Star Lemming, DSA Dark Matters (Special Honours)
Red Dwarf Medal - [Gold], DSA Supernova Medal, The Iron Star Medal

fWdh9SW.jpg

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing right... and if you want it done right do it yourself!
Posted May 24, 17 · OP
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
DSA Member
Thanks.
I am a bit clearer around the new skills thanks to metamech, although the whole skill points and XP thing still does my head in.
Can you or someone let me know about the SP conversion to mechs that were previously mastered. I have gone to my Stalker 3F, added SP, it asks me to choose from 2 selections that I cant remember, I choose the left one (as in not buy with MC)
After that I crank up one of the values to add SP and I dont appear to lose anything. Just trying to figure out what I am spending.
I have used one of the fields to convert GXP to XP, which is the wrong way as far as I know.

From what it looks like, skills are the new modules, so if you want seismic sensor then you just pick that skill. Just need to use one of the currencies to get that.
My aim is to not sell myself short and wind up with one shining gold Stalker 3F and 40 pieces of rubbish that I have gimped cause I spent everything.
I have a few hundred thousand GXP so I think I am good on that front. Any things to watch out for so I dont get caught?
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted May 24, 17 · Last edited May 24, 17
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+15
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
For mechs you had mastered, you want to covert HSP first, as those mechs come pre-equipped with 91 of these to transfer over. This won't cost you anything at all.
Heavy Hitters Millenium Club VIP
501st Devastators Division
3rd Swift Eagles Rapid Response Division, 7th Black Paws Heavy Division
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders Master Class, DSA Workhorse Master Class, DSA Heavy Master Class, DSA Assault Master Class
DSA Match Hog (Gold), DSA A Cut Above (Gold), DSA Enforcers Club (Gold), DSA Regulators (Bronze)
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Platinum), DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 24, 17
List
Undo
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
DSA Member
Ok appear to have this sorted. But man a template or auto config would be legendary at this stage.
Have 40 mechs mostly mastered, with 91 skills thats 3640 skills that need allocating. What the hell!

For my Stalker 3F have gone all in for firepower, hybrid budget survival, torso budget mobility, ground pounder budget operations and a custom budget sensors to give me the adv zoom.
Thats my laser boat sorted, next up is Stalker 5M for the missile support.
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted May 25, 17
List
Undo
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+15
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
I really hate the feeling of 'ah ****, I think I wanted to move those 3 points over here' or 'that wasn't quite right, let's tweak this other thing.' It's going to take quite a while to make things feel right, I think.

It would be much better if they didn't force you to rebuy nodes if you decide you were right the first time.
Heavy Hitters Millenium Club VIP
501st Devastators Division
3rd Swift Eagles Rapid Response Division, 7th Black Paws Heavy Division
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders Master Class, DSA Workhorse Master Class, DSA Heavy Master Class, DSA Assault Master Class
DSA Match Hog (Gold), DSA A Cut Above (Gold), DSA Enforcers Club (Gold), DSA Regulators (Bronze)
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Platinum), DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 25, 17
MWO Executive Command
Votes:
+170
MWO Executive Command
DSA Member
Council Adviser
Yes... getting it wrong is expensive, and doesn't really allow a lot of messing about and tweaking.

And for brand new players with only a few Cbills or XP - there could be some regrettable mistakes.
501st Devastators Legion

DSA MVP, DSA Regulator, DSA Gold Enforcer, DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders Master Class, DSA Medium Workhorse Master Class, DSA Mechanized Regular, DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous, DSA Elite Eagles, DSA Diabolical Mechanic [Gold], DSA Slayers [II], DSA Black Hole Ghost Squad Apprentice

fWdh9SW.jpg

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing right... and if you want it done right do it yourself!
Posted May 25, 17 · OP
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
DSA Member
I noticed there is a respec button, does this wipe all the skills and start again? Is it free?
Posted May 25, 17
MWO Executive Command
Votes:
+170
MWO Executive Command
DSA Member
Council Adviser
DON"T hit the red button! We don't know what happens! :p

I think it refunds 'some' of your points. So not entirely free. It's like buying an engine then selling it - you only get 50% back which means you then have to pay to get another one.. or re skill your tree.

PS... Free he asks, free??... ha! What utopia do you think you are living in? :d :p
501st Devastators Legion

fWdh9SW.jpg

Posted May 25, 17 · OP
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices