DSA Member
Council Adviser
Hi all

A thread to discuss all and everything skill tree and to post useful resources:

http://metamechs.com/mwo-guides/skill-trees/jump-jets-tree/

https://tarogato-mwo.github.io/mwo_skill_planner/
501st Devastators Legion

DSA Heavy Hitters Millennium Club

DSA Savage Slayer (Killer Instinct Winner)

DSA MVP, DSA Regulator, DSA Gold Enforcer, DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders Master Class, DSA Medium Workhorse Master Class, DSA Mechanized Regular, DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous, DSA Elite Eagles, DSA Diabolical Mechanic [Gold], DSA Slayers [II], DSA Black Hole Ghost Squad Apprentice
DSA A Cut Above [Gold], DSA Match Hog [Gold]

DSA Errant Star Lemming, DSA Dark Matters (Special Honours)
Red Dwarf Medal - [Gold], DSA Supernova Medal, The Iron Star Medal

fWdh9SW.jpg

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing right... and if you want it done right do it yourself!
Posted May 20, 17 · OP
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+9
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
I opened up MWO last night for the first time in ages to see this skill tree and got confused shut the game down and played something else
DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders Master Class
DSA Workhorse Master Class
DSA Match Hog (Bronze)
DSA Slayers
DSA Unbeatables
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Gold)
DSA A Cut Above (Gold)
DSA Masters Class
DSA Enforcers Club
DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 20, 17
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
The skill tree isn't too bad, confusing at first but if you give it more than a cursory glance it works real well.
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
Heavy Hitters Millennium Club
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted May 20, 17
List
Undo
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+15
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
Does anyone have some examples of trees they have put together for discussion?
Heavy Hitters Millenium Club VIP
501st Devastators Division
3rd Swift Eagles Rapid Response Division, 7th Black Paws Heavy Division
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders Master Class, DSA Workhorse Master Class, DSA Heavy Master Class, DSA Assault Master Class
DSA Match Hog (Gold), DSA A Cut Above (Gold), DSA Enforcers Club (Gold), DSA Regulators (Bronze)
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Platinum), DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 21, 17
MWO Executive Command
Votes:
+170
MWO Executive Command
DSA Member
Council Adviser
Yeah, agree Darkhorse. It really does make you think what you are willing to trade off on certain mechs.

My MADIIC Scorch I wanted lots of weapons nodes but that came at the severe cost of just about everything else so I grabbed important Mobility, Survival, Operations and Sensors nodes and only used what I had spare on weapons. Mech works well. Still hot as hell!
501st Devastators Legion

DSA MVP, DSA Regulator, DSA Gold Enforcer, DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders Master Class, DSA Medium Workhorse Master Class, DSA Mechanized Regular, DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous, DSA Elite Eagles, DSA Diabolical Mechanic [Gold], DSA Slayers [II], DSA Black Hole Ghost Squad Apprentice

fWdh9SW.jpg

If a job is worth doing, then its worth doing right... and if you want it done right do it yourself!
Posted May 21, 17 · OP
List
Undo
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
It depends, on certain mechs, mobility is not that important. But yes, it's all about a trade off. Personally, I usually get half of the speed tweaks and such and invest those extra points into armor and weapons.
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
Heavy Hitters Millennium Club
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted May 21, 17
MWO Executive Command
Votes:
+170
MWO Executive Command
DSA Member
Council Adviser
Does anyone have some examples of trees they have put together for discussion?

I can probably screenshot my trees with explanations then we can have a talk about pros and cons. I have made some mistakes and had to unlock extras and turn off what ended up being bad ones. (The extra gauss charge is horrible!)
501st Devastators Legion

fWdh9SW.jpg

Posted May 21, 17 · OP
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+15
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
That would be ideal - currently still sitting in limbo and need to get organised for practice/event!
Heavy Hitters Millenium Club VIP
501st Devastators Division
3rd Swift Eagles Rapid Response Division, 7th Black Paws Heavy Division
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders Master Class, DSA Workhorse Master Class, DSA Heavy Master Class, DSA Assault Master Class
DSA Match Hog (Gold), DSA A Cut Above (Gold), DSA Enforcers Club (Gold), DSA Regulators (Bronze)
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Platinum), DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 22, 17
[DSAC] Daz Admintago
DSA Council
Votes:
+195
Admins
Online on Site
SC Chief Executive Officer
DSA Member
I opened up MWO last night for the first time in ages to see this skill tree and got confused shut the game down and played something else

I wish I could say I did the same, but I didnt.
I opened up MWO for the first time in ages, spent half and hour trying to figure out what the flying f$%k how all this SP, HXP, HSP, GXP, XYZ bollocks works.
Then I gave up and played something else.
Is there a tl;dr somewhere? (I have read the post on MWO's site about it, it didnt help)

From what I gather all mechs get a max of 91 SP, so you cant max everything right?
You need to convert HSP/GXP to SP or buy with MC, XP and something else?!?
Where does this HSP or whatever it is come from, I appear to be able to add SP and its not decreasing any other currency I have. (I understand old skill points were converted to historical skill points and the values are in the ledger)
I am doing this on mechs that were mastered so do they get some sort of bonus where all 91 SP's are unlocked?
So far I have started adding points to my Stalker 3F, have added a bunch of skills to the first skill tree which relates to cool down and range. Have got a bunch of points in laser duration, not sure how many I should stick in the various trees without gimping the mech.
Ideas appeciated. :)

Edit:
In looking at metamechs, I appear to have the current budget path of the laser boat firepower tree. At least im on track. :)
wQgUGYX.jpg
Posted May 23, 17 · Last edited May 23, 17
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
It's really less complicated than it seems. Everybody is being do dramatic about it.. bottom line you can buff everything so think what will really make you're meh pop!
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted May 23, 17
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices