Greetings DSA, I have an announcement!
Last year, Taelon Zero did an event with the prize being a Kodiak pack. The objective was simple, a 1v1 duel and you were placed based upon the difference in match score and whether you won or lost. I am doing something similar, starting today. But, since I could not afford to pre-order a mech pack as a prize before the 30th, I could not get the early adopter rewards. And on top of that, there are four mech packs instead of just the one.
So the prize will be the mech pack of the winners choice, but the collectors version AND the hero mech. The exception to this will be the Cougar which will be the ultimate pack (due to being cheaper.) And to make sure there is no way to screw things up, if you have already pre-ordered one of the packs, you cannot pick that mech as your prize.
And if there is any confusion, I am paying for the packs via my own cash.
The conditions will be the following:
1) The challenger will declare the weight class he or she wants to fight in and which mech they will bring (load out declarations are not required,) in the private lobby chat. I will then declare the mech I am taking in the chat as well, the mech tonnages do not have to be equal.
2)A screen shot will be taken before the start of match and end of match. The end of match is to record match score and who won or lost. But the one before is for the following, you must type your consent for the match in the private lobby chat. So that there can be no fingers pointed about how you one did not know the difference in mechs was that bad etc.
3) The map will be the Steiner Colosseum map via the private lobby.
4) Modules are allowed, but not required. If you wish to fight without modules, you may do so and as a gesture of honor I will remove the modules from my mech. The caveat to this is that consumables are NOT allowed. As they provide a bit of an unfair advantage to both sides, if possible a spectator for the lobby will confirm that there are no consumables are equipped.
5) Results will be posted into this thread after all challenges. This topic will have a post by my to record results and the current leader in this event.
6) Like Taelon, the winner will be decided based upon score difference, and if a tie, based upon damage, and if by some miracle that is a tie, a win or loss.
I will be on most times between 11pm Central time USA and 3 AM Central time USA accepting challenges, but may be on either Darkhorse045 (my IS account) or Darksteel (my clan account,) and will run with either for matches depending what I feel I should take. Good luck, and good hunting.