Civil War Mech Tournament

13 replies
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Greetings DSA, I have an announcement!

Last year, Taelon Zero did an event with the prize being a Kodiak pack. The objective was simple, a 1v1 duel and you were placed based upon the difference in match score and whether you won or lost. I am doing something similar, starting today. But, since I could not afford to pre-order a mech pack as a prize before the 30th, I could not get the early adopter rewards. And on top of that, there are four mech packs instead of just the one.

So the prize will be the mech pack of the winners choice, but the collectors version AND the hero mech. The exception to this will be the Cougar which will be the ultimate pack (due to being cheaper.) And to make sure there is no way to screw things up, if you have already pre-ordered one of the packs, you cannot pick that mech as your prize.

And if there is any confusion, I am paying for the packs via my own cash.

The conditions will be the following:

1) The challenger will declare the weight class he or she wants to fight in and which mech they will bring (load out declarations are not required,) in the private lobby chat. I will then declare the mech I am taking in the chat as well, the mech tonnages do not have to be equal.

2)A screen shot will be taken before the start of match and end of match. The end of match is to record match score and who won or lost. But the one before is for the following, you must type your consent for the match in the private lobby chat. So that there can be no fingers pointed about how you one did not know the difference in mechs was that bad etc.

3) The map will be the Steiner Colosseum map via the private lobby.

4) Modules are allowed, but not required. If you wish to fight without modules, you may do so and as a gesture of honor I will remove the modules from my mech. The caveat to this is that consumables are NOT allowed. As they provide a bit of an unfair advantage to both sides, if possible a spectator for the lobby will confirm that there are no consumables are equipped.

5) Results will be posted into this thread after all challenges. This topic will have a post by my to record results and the current leader in this event.

6) Like Taelon, the winner will be decided based upon score difference, and if a tie, based upon damage, and if by some miracle that is a tie, a win or loss.

I will be on most times between 11pm Central time USA and 3 AM Central time USA accepting challenges, but may be on either Darkhorse045 (my IS account) or Darksteel (my clan account,) and will run with either for matches depending what I feel I should take. Good luck, and good hunting.
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
Heavy Hitters Millennium Club
DSA Workhorse Master Class
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
Posted May 2, 17 · OP · Last edited May 2, 17
List
Undo
Chairman General
Votes:
+270
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
This is really cool.I think we could also use the dsa prize money pool to give a reward to second place - basic package
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted May 2, 17 · Last edited May 2, 17
List
Undo
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
This event will be held until May 31st btw.

Edit: The current leader is Jolly American! With a match score difference of 172!

Current places:

1) Jolly with a difference of 172
2) Shrimpy with a difference of 95
3) Cass with a difference of 25
4) Gutterboy with a difference of 9, tied with Shadow
4) Shadow with a difference of 9, tied with Gutterboy
5) Taelon with a difference of -69
6) Pataks with a difference of -99
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted May 2, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 3, 17
MWO Company Command
Votes:
+32
MWO Company Command
DSA Member
Comp Videos

Mr Pataks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eniz0YJ5crQ
Timothyshrimp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w2QxtKY_xM
Shadow https://youtu.be/GLmyyIdjSCg
Cassandra https://youtu.be/KViP9PaE6hA
Gutterboy https://youtu.be/7aLGVW0_R5I
DSA Heavy Hitters Millenium Club
DSA A Cut Above Gold
DSA Match Hog Gold
DSA Masters Class
DSA Assault Master Class
DSA Heavy Master Class
DSA Maniacal LightSpeeders
DSA Slayers 5
DSA Unbeatables 4
DSA Regulators Bronze
DSA Enforcers Club Gold
DSA Diabolical Mechanic Platinum
DSA Errant Star lemmings
DSA Dark Matters
Posted May 2, 17 · Last edited Jun 7, 17
List
Undo
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
A record of all ending screenshots.
Attached Images
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted May 2, 17 · OP
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
New results from shrimpy and shadow! Shrimpy is currently in second!
Attached Images
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted May 15, 17 · OP
Votes:
+71
DSA Member
How are you going to compare matches of the old skill tree builds against new skill tree builds?
I've determined that both ELO and PSR are myths, weight class matching a fantasy, hit registration a dream, and unbalanced teams a goal. The Matchmaker algorithm is entirely a function of pure spite and malice. And if something actually works they will fix it until they break it.
Posted May 18, 17
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Same way, match score difference.
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted May 18, 17 · OP
MWO Company Command
Votes:
+35
MWO Company Command
DSA Member
minor bump, myself and Gutterboy had our attempts tonight, i got +25 and he got +9. Those wishing to challenge him have from about 11:30-11:59pm his time tonight to challenge him as it is the final day for it.
DSA Elite Eagles
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders
DSA Enforcers Club
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Gold)
DSA Match Hog (Bronze)
DSA Dark Matters ( Phyffe)
DSA Errant Star Lemmings

yeah, these needed updating.
Posted May 31, 17
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+32
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Well the results are all in and Jolly was the overall winner! However, he was too nice and decided to decline the grand prize. Which means the winner of the pack is shrimpy! With Cass coming in right behind shrimpy so he is effectively 2nd place!

Shrimpy, when you get the time, please PM with your selection and I will get it sorted!

Edit: Forgot to post Cass and Gutterboy's screenshots.
Attached Images
DSA Enforcers Club
Match Hog Gold
A Cut Above Gold
DSA Diabolical Mechanic
Posted Jun 3, 17 · OP · Last edited Jun 3, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices