Feedback for PGI

24 replies
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Hey live, I thank you for your time and efforts on this. I also encourage all DSA players to have their say. Are you telling us that PGI has approached you directly for this feedback or you have approached them? Perhaps a little context could get people more interested
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Mar 29, 17 · OP
Visiting Diplomat
Votes:
+4
Visiting Diplomat
I was asked by PGI/NGNG to get some feedback for a round table this weekend.
Posted Mar 29, 17
List
Undo
MWO Company Command
Votes:
+35
MWO Company Command
DSA Member
would so love to be on this round table and that list is a very solid one. Also the world champs layout last year was such a huge grind for most teams, please consider splitting it into groups of 4 or 5 and having the winners from each group advance to another group stage so its down to 5 groups and the winners / top 2 from each group go to the finals. Something like that to narrow the grind down a lot as over half the teams dropped out last year
DSA Elite Eagles
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders
DSA Enforcers Club
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Gold)
DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
DSA Match Hog (Bronze)
DSA Dark Matters ( Phyffe)
DSA Errant Star Lemmings

yeah, these needed updating.
Posted Mar 29, 17
List
Undo
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+59
MWO Lance Leader
DSA Member
Yep, if I can think of anything else I will edit this post. Sorry I've been so rubbish at getting my act together.

1. More maps: Love the old ones (all of them) but we need some more. I think about ten more would suit me (sorry for being greedy, I was asked for my opinion. This is it).
2. Enhanced matchmaker: Better match making, based on an enhanced tier list (1-5).
3. Enhanced tier list: Tier list based on KDR. The current one is not working really, I think.
4. Enjoying the game: It must be stressed that I really enjoy the game and appreciate the hard work that has gone into it.
5.Kill report system: The reporting system is annoying. I never use it. Just don't like the idea. If I'm bothered I can just mute the sound, pay no attention to the text chat etc. We're all big boys now. I think that we can look after our selves.
6. Commendation system: Why can't we have a commendation system like LOL. I'd love to say nice things about people.
32604626440_2abd099b73_z.jpg
Posted Mar 29, 17
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+5
MWO Mechwarrior
TW:A Legionary
DSA Member
Council Adviser
I'd like to see a points based system that encourages players to use a wider range of weapons on their mechs.

Basically some kind of system that encourages people to tend less towards meta builds, therefore bringing a little more variety to the game. As far as I can see, anything that makes people think and play outside the square in terms of tactics and weaponry will allow the game to prosper and probably allow more people the freedom to do what they want.

Perfect example would be a points/c-bill reduction scheme on people who swap in several different omni pods from other variants onto a particular chassis. Or a points/c-bill reduction on short, medium and long range weapon boating. Make it more beneficial for people to attempt to battle according to how it would have been in the lor - With a huge variety of weaponry!
"There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious, makes you so sick at heart, that you can't take part! You can't even passively take part! And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels…upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop! And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all!" - Mario Savio
Posted Mar 29, 17
List
Undo
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+2
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
as for the report system it's more for ingame problems like teamkills or nonparticipation that occurs on a regular bassis something where somone official shoud be made aware of a situation So far the community has been pretty good about offensive language. The tier should be based on other things besides KDR, I take more of a harraser/support role and haven't gotten a lot of kills and some just aren't quite lucky enough to get that last hit. kills/damage done and spotting shoud be factors in player rankins

CHOUND
Posted Mar 30, 17
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+2
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
the only problem is only omnimechs have omnipods Battlemechs don't. we have mechs like the Kodiak 3 with gauss/PPC that is a meta build but don't meet your criteria. I'm sure there are meta builds for IS battlemechs and they don't have omnipods. the only thing you could do is try and control the number of each weapon or catagory of weapons. I don't really pay attention yet to what is meta only what I need to make a mech I can'use.

CHOUND
Posted Mar 30, 17
MWO Mechwarrior
Votes:
+3
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
Hi,

In my opinion for a game which involves going into fight over and over again maps are a center point of the experience and thus need to be constantly worked on!

Game Improvements:
1. Most of the maps need to be adjusted to facilitate better team-play instead of death-balling
1.1 veridian bog does not need to have so much ridiculous foliage (we get it that its a jungle but as it is now it only provides obstacle for walking around and no actual cover from being shot at. all that is just extra annoying to play around rather then to play it (as in using for advantage)
also... veridian bog is claustrophobic compared to other maps, keep it a jungle but make it more spacious to give more opportunities for teams to maneuver into instead of having a fight at only one location ever

1.2 in case of terra therma it is a complete assault on visual senses... as well as... what is it with forcing teams into choke points on this and old version?

1.3 Volcano on caustic valley does not need to have such steep slopes. Having a crater as the main feature on the map is great but it would be a great game-play feature to have a playable platform around it

2. All of the maps are being played in exactly the same places. This is a problem of map geometry being very one sided... Each map grid must provide equal opportunity for firefights instead what we have now is place like 'death valley'

3. We need more maps

4. FIX MATCHMAKING... 2 assaults vs 6 assaults in a pug is NOT fun!
Posted Mar 30, 17 · Last edited Mar 30, 17
MWO Commanding Officer
Votes:
+17
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
1. Dropdecks for PUG matches, give us an option to take a mech of similar tonnage based on what map we deploy to

2, oh yeah, more maps
Posted Mar 31, 17
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
More maps or randomized maps
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Mar 31, 17 · OP
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices