Feedback for PGI

24 replies
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
Live from OMC has advised me PGI and NGNG are asking him for a list regarding how to make comp play better for players and viewers. ( This is for private lobbies and also in public games) this information is being collected by Live on behalf of Oceanic units and will be used for an upcoming round table this weekend.

Here are some topics, go crazy....

Community Improvements:
Match Maker Improvements:
Game Improvements:
Lobby Improvements:
Spectators Improvements:
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Mar 27, 17 · OP · Last edited Mar 29, 17
MWO Company Command
Votes:
+35
MWO Company Command
DSA Member
Game Improvements: Get improving the test maps you worked on, 1 v 1 and 4 v 4 B ( i think, the segmented one) are great for competitions and deserve full textures. Would also like a map where it is very tight, lots of 90 degree corners and little room for jumping, think Mega City One ( from either Judge Dredd film) with mechs fighting in it. Or how about an ever changing maze leading to a central escape point, along the way n guarding the exit are turrets / strong point defences / a dropship or 4. The goal is to escape with as many team members as possible, hell MW4 Mercs had racing in it so why not try something wild here?
DSA Elite Eagles
DSA Maniacal Lightspeeders
DSA Enforcers Club
DSA Diabolical Mechanic (Gold)
DSA Caped Crusaders Anonymous
DSA Match Hog (Bronze)
DSA Dark Matters ( Phyffe)
DSA Errant Star Lemmings

yeah, these needed updating.
Posted Mar 27, 17
MWO Lance Leader
Votes:
+58
MWO Lance Leader
TW:A Legionary
DSA Member
from the top of my head

Community Improvements:
- community manager that actually does his/her job (alot of the publicity for events seems to be community driven independent of developer input)
- dev forum participation and communication
- the community tab is a good start

Match Maker Improvements:
- zero sum tier system
- more tiers

Game Improvements:
- more maps!
- probably not a popular view, but maps for fw need to be alot bigger to encourage playing the objective and small skirmishes across the map/flanking maneuvers, rather than deathball
- skill tree needs a rethink (and im talking abt the one that pgi is already proposing)
- balance issues IS vs clan (extensively discussed in mwo forum, interesting to note that the mwo comp sale is dominated by clan mechs, tells you something abt game balance)

Lobby Improvements:
- ability to access mechlab when in private lobby
- they need to make adding the opponent group more intuitive

Spectators Improvements:
- more slots for spectators
- picture in picture (full screen for 3pv/map view, and a small screen to spectate individual mech view)
Posted Mar 27, 17
List
Undo
DSA Council
Votes:
+3
MWO Mechwarrior
DSA Member
something similar to the city from the original mwo trailer before they called it mwo.
Raise your quality standards as high as you can live with, avoid wasting your time on routine problems, and always try to work as closely as possible at the boundary of your abilities. Do this, because it is the only way of discovering how that boundary should be moved forward.
-Edsger Dijkstr

Wesco wrote:
Main point: "OH LOOK AT ME I'm A BIG STUPID MECH WITH A SILLY GUN AND I'M ALL AGILE AND GRACEFUL OH LOOK OVER THERE IT's A TR MAX...............................OH MY GOD I CAN LICK MY OWN KNEECAPS AND I DON'T KNOW WHERE MY SPINE IS."
Posted Mar 28, 17
Visiting Diplomat
Votes:
+4
Visiting Diplomat
This is what we have so far

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZaguYmv744pjdsDjfg9F2egjD9joz8pdaluYFEeJLhw/edit?usp=sharing
Posted Mar 29, 17
Visiting Diplomat
Votes:
+4
Visiting Diplomat
from the top of my head

- community manager that actually does his/her job (a lot of the publicity for events seems to be community driven independent of developer input)

Why I 100% agree with you, If we go neagtive PGI wont help :(
Posted Mar 29, 17
Chairman General
Votes:
+272
Admins
MWO Commanding Officer
DSA Member
One question my guys have been asking is, there's been feedback like this on the forums since day one. Tons of great and well detailed ideas supported by the community. PGI hasn't done anything about it so far why would this be any different?
"The distinguishing characteristic of the lizard-brain is primarily the conservation of energy. Instead of pushing its stuff around all over the place, the lizard puts its stuff in one place and stays there. It only picks up and moves when it sees something useful and desirable, or when something distressing and undesirable shows up."

8naALRn.png
Posted Mar 29, 17 · OP
Visiting Diplomat
Votes:
+4
Visiting Diplomat
One question my guys have been asking is, there's been feedback like this on the forums since day one. Tons of great and well detailed ideas supported by the community. PGI hasn't done anything about it so far why would this be any different?

To be fair, you have a point.

I am more scared that the other people on the panel will steer the round table to a bullshit like the CW ones.

The only thing that could make this work is PGI have asked for it....... Saying that i do not see most of this getting fixed, they asked for my and AP units input and i will do my best to get the views of the AP units out there.
Posted Mar 29, 17
List
Undo
Votes:
+82
DSA Member
I've been out of game for a while, but knowing general public game forums, perhaps they were being cautious of bringing in stuff from a potentially loud minority. Perhaps the current way they're asking for input is superior for polling a very large portion of the MWO community instead.
Blackteacup+SIGGY_1451790770.jpg
Posted Mar 29, 17
Votes:
+82
DSA Member
wrote:
If we go neagtive PGI wont help :(
This is absolutely true. I often hear a lot of bashing PGI for various things about MWO as a game, but little is granted for the fact that they are a very inexperienced developer and have done a good job with the tools they initially had, and that their business model always has been, and remains Free to Play!

Sure, there's lots of things that can be, and could have been done better, but I definitely think they deserve respect as a fledgling developer, and ongoing positive support from it's community.
Blackteacup+SIGGY_1451790770.jpg
Posted Mar 29, 17 · Last edited Mar 29, 17
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices